Saturday, July 23, 2011

Temple Day!

Went to the temple today! We had a good time and were able to go to Panera Bread which is Matt's favorite restaurant!! LOL -- there is a joke to that which I will fill you in on now:        My mom was having a branch activity for husbands and wives and she invited Matt and I. One of the activities that night was a newly wed type of game. Well they asked the women certain questions and the men certain questions and then we all came together and they asked the questions again and had us answer on the spot. The only question (ha! yeah right) that I answered wrong was: 
"What is your husbands favorite restaurant?"   

This question really baffled me. We had eaten out in some previous weeks and we hadn't been really happy with service and food coming to us cold and so I really had no idea what to say. Then it came to me, "We always go to Panera Bread when we come home from the temple!" I think that is probably his (our) favorite restaurant. 

Well when the men came back and that question was asked Matt said Chili's ! 
(What?! We hadn't eaten there in such a long time!)     

Anyway he looks at me puzzled I am sure at the fact that no one put a point up by our name. I tell him what my answer was and he laughs, saying, "We go there because you like it! That is your favorite restaurant!" 

Boy was I embarrassed! But I felt really special too! 
[Thanks Matt for taking me to my (our) favorite restaurant! ]
So anyway every time we go to Springs or to the temple I ask him, "Yay, we get to go to your favorite restaurant!" :) He just smiles. 


_________________________________________________________



I just have to add also that in the game, that we got 2nd place in, Matt was asked,
"What is your wifes favorite place?" A very general question in my opinion. 

Anyway I couldn't even think of where that place would be (or much less what Matt would say that place is) because I am so full of variety, I am sure, so I went with, Hobby Lobby.

Matt's jaw dropped! I thought, "Gee, could he have said another craft store or my scrapbook room?" 

Matt very sweetly said, "I thought your favorite place was the Temple!?" 
I couldn't help but feel a little....well little. I also couldn't help but laugh to the point of tears. Of course I love the temple! He was so right. But to his (and my) defense the question was pretty broad.


Anyway I love the temple and all the blessings that can be found there! I am very lucky to be able to go regularly and have family that can watch Kenyon for the day! 

Thanks! And until next time, for all (2) of you who read this!

No comments: