Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dinner

Last night we had an interesting time for dinner. Firstly, some of you know that Matthew gets out of work pretty late. Well yesterday he decided to mow the lawn, but of course nothing can go smoothly so the lawn mower kept dying on him, and what should take around 1 hour max to do (including watering and some weeding) took almost 2 hours! Yikes!

Anyway while he was out there I was watching from our kitchen window thinking of dinner and when I should start cooking so that it wouldn't get cold by the time he could finally come inside. And it came to me! "Hamburger Helper! Duh-Doi! Why not? It is after all a good last minute go to meal!" (These were my exact thoughts by the way:) )

So I start making it and it is done right on time and Matt comes in. I get the plates and so on and start smelling something fishy. I try to brush this aside thinking it is just my pregnant smell-ability getting in the way and it is all in my head. But the smell only gets stronger. My stomach starts churning. I smell the area that the smell came from...only to find that the smell is coming from my plates, the ones that I took out of the dishwasher?? Anyway I ask Matt to take a whiff and he puts the plates into the sink and suggests bowls to eat. I get the bowls. We sit at the table. Matt dishes out the food and as soon as he uncovers the Hamburger Helper I start to smell dog food. I try to talk myself out of the smell saying it is only my head, but before I know it I have made myself sick to my stomach. I can't eat it! I look at Matt picking at it he looks at me and very sweetly says, "You don't have to eat it...did you want to go get something?" I look at the food and feel bad about it going to waste so I say no. I try to get Kenyon to eat dinner, but don't even feel like forcing him because I am not going to eat it myself.

So I tell Matt after debating it in my head a bit longer that I can't eat this and that I would like to go get something. Matt then says he isn't really into the meal either and I start to take the plates. Kenyon gets sad so I put his back. And this is where we all started to laugh: Matt asks Kenyon if we can go to McDonald's. Kenyon then looks at his bowl and then at Matt, pushes his bowl away and says, "Let's go. I'm out of here!" That was the perfect response. We all cracked up laughing and picked up the table and went out.

So all in all it wasn't the perfect night and certainly not the perfect dinner, but we made the best of it. And Kenyon as usual provided some much needed comic relief!

Oh and Hamburger Helper will not be making an appearance on our table until this pregnancy is over. I also switched the dishwasher detergent just in case it can help my nose at all.

Glad to be back on here everyone. Hope you enjoy our awkward, but funny moments.

1 comment:

A Guy,A Girl, And a Max said...

Ohh that is THE worst!! Kenyon is too funny! Love that boy!